You “check-up” all kinds of things about yourself…even if you don’t make yearly visits to the doctor for a physical exam, you pay attention to your physical and emotional health needs, and you try to do something about those before it is “too late.” You even pay attention to the odd noises your car makes and check-up the engine, the oil, the tires, etc. before the whole thing breaks down. The Relationship Check-up plays on the idea that you should really think about the relationship you have with the person you love, pay attention to the needs of that relationship, and do something to address those needs before it is “too late.”
Getting a Relationship Check-up is as Easy as 1-2-3…and it is all FREE.
- Meet with or talk with one of our program recruiters.
- Get your partner on board!
- Complete a packet of relationship questionnaires.
- Meet with a program facilitator and his or her assistant two times: once for an hour and a half long assessment session, and again for an hour and half long personalized feedback session.
- Work with the facilitator to create your own plan to take some small steps to support your good relationship or help your relationship grow and improve.
- Acting — Do some, all, or none of the following – it’s all up to you:
- Participate in a Pillow Talk relationship skills group, once a week for 4 weeks.
- Participate in Workforce Connections: meet with a Career Specialist who will help you learn to improve your employment situation
- Follow-through on your own action plan and complete program follow-up questionnaires…then, continue to “check-up” on your relationship!