Pillow Talk builds on couple participants’ existing strengths and adds critical life and relationship skills to create safer, more stable unions that help heighten the quality of life for the individuals in that relationship as well as their children, including: fostering improved communication, managing expectations, and devoting themselves to a mutual commitment and support.
Why it Matters
This curriculum empowers couples to…
- Replace communication danger signs with proactive strategies for respectful talking and listening.
- Explore sharing fun and satisfying intimate needs by working as a team to nurture and support each other.
- Practice managing stress and reducing the negative effects of stress on a relationship.
- Recognizing and communicating issues and expectations, including planning for the future.
- Investigate the impact that past experiences can have on a couple’s future.
- Acknowledge long-term satisfaction through the gift of commitment.
What’s Unique About Pillow Talk?
Pillow Talk, from the Within Our Reach program, was constructed to focus on how adults learn best– by engaging in activities that reinforce self-awareness and apply healthy decision-making strategies to their own circumstances. Pillow Talk workshops ask participants to work independently as well as interact in small group and whole group activities, engaging them with the curriculum and each other in highly interactive ways.
Pillow Talk includes many activities & moves away from the traditional lecture format to help engage busy couples in the actual application of the themes presented.
Length of Program: 8 hours
You’ll participate in 2 sessions (one 4 hour long-session on a Saturday evening and 4 hours on Sunday morning). Meals are provided both days and overnight accommodations are free when we host the workshop at the Edgewater hotel in Gatlinburg (adults only, there is no childcare). Workshops are held approximately every 6 weeks with registration forms mailed to all Relationship Rx participants who have not already attended a workshop.